Wednesday, 19 April 2017

38!

On Easter Sunday April 16th, I turned 38! I was born on a Easter Monday so I will always be an Easter baby. Ready for the days adventures...


Wearing this new to me vintage dress all the way from Kansas City. I love the colour. It's a bit big for me and i'll have to take it in, but with a little nice ribbon around the waste with a bow at the back fixes all that.



My husband and I headed over to Sassafras to go to Miss Marples as I usually do on my birthday but this time it was super busy due to Easter and the wait was far too long knowing we had plans to head to a mansion for a tour in the arvo and if I waited the intended 1 hour and 40 mins we'd have missed our tour, so I said to hubby let's go to King Henry... every time I've driven passed I've always said let's visit some day and today was the perfect day! With lots of parking not like in the main part of Sassafras where you had to drive around in circles looking for a spot and not getting one, this place was more on the peaceful side which was great! King Henry is a cute cottage cafe in Sassafras with the most incredible scones I've ever had, so fluffy and really yummy! Miss Marples is my favourite tea room and always will be but I think a week day and not a long weekend would be the best time for us to visit again.






 
Wearing some of my favourite necklaces and best jacket with this lovely dress. 


Now this mansion made my spooky heart melt!!! It's called Labassa, approaching it felt like I was a real life Lily Munster walking up to my home haha, I WISH!!!


It really was to die for! We went inside and looked around then we had a tour guide take us on a history lesson, it was great! 






My goodness, the inside was divine! So old and beautiful. I felt like the spookiest queen.



I loved the wallpaper, it was so worn and beautiful.


This stained glass window was amazing!


Hallways for dancing ghosts.


This room reminded me of a haunting grandpa's lounge, so perfect!


This room was for the ladies.


Wouldn't you love this view?!





So grand and wonderful! 



So happy be booked a tour.


Later we went to my family home to celebrate my birthday and Easter, with lots of food, cake and eggs. My birthday was amazing and I'm a very lucky lady 🎔  


Oh and on Tuesday I did a photo shoot with the lovely Liz Ham for a book shes publishing called Punk Girls, very exciting. It's been a very busy month indeed! 


8 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! Cake looks yummy. I like your granpire style with the leather jacket, good contrast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! The cake was so yummy, a traditional torte. Thank you, yes I love my Granpire style :)

      Delete
  2. I love your outfit! Too bad that here are not so beautiful mansions like that one here in Finland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really? I'm surprised!There's not many here, as Australia is not a very old country but what we do have is beautiful :)

      Delete
  3. WOW! That mansion is incredible.
    Happy 38th! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. happy barfday gorgeous!!! and I think you look 28!

    ReplyDelete